So, right now, I’m not feeling so prolific. In fact, I feel like I’ve been slacking with you all, my lovelies. Much of the PITA stuff for publication is nearly out of the way, leaving only fun stuff (until the next book, anyway), so I’ll have more time to play with you all. And more time to write. Yay!
I think the only thing I have to do with this one is pass it along. If I’m mistaken, please let me know what embarrassing things I must do. *Just because you tell me doesn’t mean I’ll do it, though. Just sayin’.
I bequeath the Prolific Blogger Award to:
- Michelle Gregory over at beautiful chaos – Like me, she likes blogfests. AND she is hosting one that I’m really looking forward to on July 1st: Share Your Darlings. For this one, writers can share beautifully written or favorite scenes that ended up being cut because they just don’t help the story. I have one in particular from Promise that I still LOVE, so I’m glad for the opportunity to share it. Thanks, Michelle! She’s at a writer’s conference right now (lucky!), but will be back to share all kinds of good stuff…I hope.
- Courtney Reese over here – Courtney did my FIRST EVER author interview. It was so much fun! And she’s a prolific blogger because she has, like, 25 blogs. OK, 4, but isn’t that more than enough?!? That’s what I call prolific!
- Elizabeth Mueller over here – I always enjoy what she has to say, whether it’s laugh-out-loud funny or thought-provoking. You need to follow her.
The second award is the Life Is Good Award. And who can argue with that? OK, I know sometimes we feel like we can, but, really, imagine if you were one of our characters! Makes our own lives seem not-so-bad after all.
Well, I guess it would be biographies and autobiographies, which is also what I write. People are so interesting and have such fascinating lives! Oh. Wait. Huh?!? I was just told that Harry Potter, Sookie Stackhouse, Anita Blake, Katniss Everdeen, et al…Are. Not. Real. Seriously?!? And Alexis isn’t either?!? ACK!!!!
2. If you couldn’t write in the genre you do, what genre would you write in?
I have a couple ideas for thrillers and I might enjoy romance…if I didn’t have to follow the rules.
3. Pepsi or Cola?
4. How do you like to spend your Sundays?
Writing and sleeping or on the back of a Harley or on the beach
5. Penguin or Giraffe?
Both. And elephants, too.
6. What type of vehicle do you drive?
A convertible. After more than a decade of mommy-mobiles, including the dreaded minivan and SUVs, I now drive a car I want and love. It’s a 2-seater which gets me out of mom-taxi driving. Fortunately (and unfortunately), my kids can drive now, so it hasn’t been too much of an issue. Although, the Tahoe still sits in the driveway for when it’s needed.
7. Would you lick a battery if your life depended on it?
I have, so I guess so.
8. When do you like to write – in the morning, in the afternoon, evening?
Whenever I can, but I’m a night owl (this will post in the morning, but I’m writing it at 11:15 at night).
9. Which do you like more – Facebook or Twitter?
Definitely Facebook. I think Twitter moves too fast for me. I’m so busy keeping up with everyone’s tweets, I forget to tweet myself. Except for #wipfire. I miss it.
10. If you get hurt (like a scrape on the knee or break your arm), do you ask for a band aid?
People who get this award…
- Valerie Kemp at I Should Be Writing (Go follow her – she’s close to 500 followers which means additions to her giveaway! Oh, and she writes good stuff, too.)
- Jade at Jade Hears Voices (I’m hoping this award bribes her into an invite to Australia! :-D)
- Jessica Bell at The Alliterative Allomorph (because I like torturing myself by trying to type that name…but really because she’s from Australia and lives in Greece. That’s just automatically too cool!)