I love the latest word mash-ups that are quickly becoming a part of our vocabularies. You know, the combination of two words that make something even more fun. Five of my faves:
- Frawesome (freakin’ awesome – still catching on, so I thought it needed explaining)
When we write a puke-draft of a manuscript and then have to go back and revise it, one of the things we’re supposed to look for is a string of adjectives or adverbs, select the strongest one and delete the rest. This can be excrucialorious (excruciating laborious). Sometimes we need more than one! The solution: word mash-ups! Great idea, right? I know. You can thank me later.
So, I’ve been trying to make up my own word mash-ups (wash-ups?). For an added Five-for-Friday bonus, here are five of my very own:
- Crapedible (incredibly crappy)
- Dampy (damn happy)
- Frumpy (freakin’ yummy guy)
- Sexfart (sexy, fun and smart)
- Dickalicious (these guys run rampant in high school, college fraternities and meat-market nightclubs – super hot assholes)
Okay, so I’m probably not the originator of all of these, but I doubt they’ll ever catch on. Except maybe the last one, which makes me sure I’m not the first person to come up with it.
What do you think? Are my wash-ups catchy? Will you be using them this weekend? Do you have any to add to the list?